Plunket Education in Schools’ Babysitting Course is available for teenagers all over Aotearoa.
This course is designed to give high school students the knowledge and skills to babysit children of all ages. It's written for first time babysitters; students don't need to have previous experience to enrol.
The course is ideal for students aged 14 and above and takes around 2-3 hours to complete.
Students work through nine sequential modules and, on completion of the course and the final quiz, will receive a certificate from Whanau Awhina Plunket to show employers that they have completed this course and are ready to babysit. As well as the certificate, the students are sent a Babysitter's Manual that supports all the information they have learned in the course.
During the course the following topics are covered:
• the role of the babysitter, including the expectations of the families you are working for
• ages and stages of children from birth to school age, their basic needs and their care
• professional behaviour including your presentation
• how to engage with children of different ages, including activities for each age group and
• safety, including emergency situations, keeping yourself and the children safe, and basic first aid
• how to get a babysitting job.
This course is presented using videos, quizzes and activities which are fun as well as informative. Click here for more information or to sign up, or use the QR code below to go to our registration page.