What do Trustees do?
Trustees on a school Board of Trustees work together to make sure every child/tamariki reaches their highest possible standard in educational achievement. As part of that key responsibility, here are some of the things boards do:
- Work with the Principal and consult with staff, students and the community
- Set the educational goals and strategic direction of the school
- Monitor progress and let parents know how the school is progressing against its annual targets and how well students are achieving
- Decide how the school’s funding will be spent
- Support the school’s Principal and support the development of all staff
- Oversee the management of staff, property, finances, curriculum and administration
For more information on what being a Board member entails - visit this website
Our Board currently meets on the last Thursday of each month
At our school we are looking for 5 Parent Trustees. You do not need to be a parent to stand for election. The full list of who is ineligible to stand in the election as a candidate is on the nomination form.
If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact the school’s Returning Officer who, this year is : Dianne Quin contactable on [email protected] or 03 4488595
The timetable for the election is:
Main Roll closes: Wednesday 13 July
Call for Nominations: No later than 15 July (Note is in the School Holidays)
Supplementary Roll closes: Monday 1 August
Nominations close: Wednesday 3 August
If there are more nominations than vacancies, then parents and caregivers will receive an invitation to vote either electronically or by post.
Voting starts: Wednesday 10 August
Election day is: Wednesday 7 September
Voting count: Tuesday 13 September
New board in place: Wednesday 14 September.
Nomination information will be emailed out in the coming days.
If you wish to stand for the Board, it is recommended that you provide a candidate statement and photograph.
The electoral roll will be held at the school and can be viewed during normal school hours.